Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Little Update


This is Z's first taste of solid food--rice cereal. So yummy! He also is up to eating fresh peas and now carrots. What a mess!


While cleaning out the garage we came across this cool skeleton. I thought it was a snake at first, but further research indicates that is actually the skeleton of a Gecko. Elle was afraid to hold it at first so I put my glove on her.

It didn't take long for her to warm-up. This picture just captures the real Elle that I get to see everyday that others don't. My funny little girl.

So on our recent vacation we opened our bag to find this. What is it you say? Sand? Snow? Moon dust?
No way--38 oz. (the big can that you buy at Costco) of powdered baby formula! I had bought a can just before we came home because it beats driving an hour and fighting traffic to get to the nearest Costco here. Well, our luggage got lost on the flight home and when it finally arrived a day later I opened the bag to find the contents covered in a thin dusting of white powder. As I kept digging I found the culprit. The can was literally squished in half--no wonder the lid popped off spilling the contents. Next time I'll just drive the hour to Costco--it beats washing sticky laundry. This just put the finishing touch on a rather rough vacation.

3 comments:

Carina Olsen said...

Oh no! I've had the same thing happen to me on a flight. Only they didn't loose my luggage. Yuck!

Elle is getting so big. I'm amased how much all the kids are growing.

Jenny said...

Elle's hat is adorable in those pics. And I would have been SO irritated about that darn formula! That stuff's not cheap, either!

Meredith said...

Bummer, there was $30 or $40 down the drain...ugh! And the stickyness too, yuck, I'd have been a little PO'd!!! We get geckos here all the time, in the house even, they creep me out a little. Even though they are harmless they are still fast and small and creepy...ick, gives me the chills!!!