Monday, July 26, 2010

Granny's 90th Birthday

Grandma has always wanted to go on a Safari, but to bring a safari to her would involve hauling in many exotic animals. Way too messy and I think we would need a special permit :) So she had to settle for traveling the Pacific Islands for her 90th Birthday.


We celebrated her birthday witha real Luau with dancers, pina coladas, and pork dinner.

Some of the kids doing the Hukilau. Me, my aunt, and cousin attempting the poi ball dance.

Grandma had a great time, as did the rest of us. She was completely shocked to see that my family and I made it for her celebration. I just love my Granny and think she is completely amazing. She is still living on her own, with a dog big enough to eat her, and still thinks of everyone else before herself. We love how she calls everyone 80 and younger "kid". She is another member in my family who is a living legacy. What a fun party. Happy Birthday Grandma! Here's to a 100!

Doesn't she look great. I don't think she has changed at all in nearly 30 years. She looks the same as she did when I was a kid.

Here are some random shots of the family at her party.



A rare picture of the whole White family together.

A big THANK YOU to my cousins Jeremy and Tiffany for hosting the big event and making Grandma's birthday so special. I know how much time and work it takes to plan and make something like this happen. Well done.

No comments: